Total Commander is a file manager for Windows, a tool like the Explorer or file manager, which comes with windows.
But Total Commander uses a different approach: it has two fixed windows, which makes copying files much easier.
- Two file windows side by side
- Multiple language and Unicode support
- Enhanced search function
- Compare files (now with editor) / synchronize directories
- Quick View panel with bitmap display
- ZIP, 7ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling + plugins
- Built-in FTP client with FXP (server to server) and HTTP proxy support
- Parallel port link, multi-rename tool
- Tabbed interface, regular expressions, history+favorites buttons
- Thumbnails view, custom columns, enhanced search
- Compare editor, cursor in lister, separate trees, logging, enhanced overwrite dialog etc.
- Unicode names almost everywhere, long names (>259 characters), password manager for ftp and plugins, synchronize empty dirs, 64 bit context menu, quick file filter (Ctrl+S)
- USB port connection via special direct transfer cable, partial branch view (Ctrl+Shift+B), and many improvements to ftp, synchronizing and other functions
- And many more!
The following package parameters can be set:
/LocalUser - Install only for local user. By default it will be installed for all users.
/DesktopIcon - Add an icon for Total Commander to the Desktop. By default no icon is added.
/InstallPath - Use custom install path. By default Total Commander is installed to the
/DefaultFM - Use TC as default file manager instead of Explorer. Use
/DefaultFM:explorer to return to Explorer.
/ShellExtension - Add Total Commander in shell context menu for directories.
These parameters can be passed to the installer with the use of
--params. For example:
--params '/LocalUser /DesktopIcon'.
- This package sets system environment variable
COMMANDER_PATH which points to the Total Commander install directory.
- This package contain combined Total Commander installer which contains both x32 and x64 bit versions.
- Total Commander is a Shareware program. This means that you can test it for a period of 30 days. After testing the program, you must either order the full version, or delete the program from your harddisk.